Tenants and Landlord/Agent Services

The Office of Consumer and Business Affairs provides services to tenants and landlords/agents of residential and retail properties, to residents and owners of residential parks and to proprietors and residents of rooming houses in South Australia.

The information on the website outlines the tenants rights and responsibilities in relation to the Residential Tenancies Act 1995 and Regulations and the Residential Parks Act 2007. OCBA provides guidance by running free information sessions which are tailored to meet specific needs of landlords, property managers and tenants.

A regular e-bulletin about topical issues is available through the website.

Tenancy Officers can also help to negotiate or conciliate disputes between tenants and landlords.

If no informal resolution can be reached, the Residential Tenancies Tribunal will oversee the appropriate resolution of tenancy issues including vacant possession, refund of security bonds, repairs and compensation.


For more information visit www.ocba.sa.gov.au.